Whether you are moving abroad for work, school, or just looking to make a change in scenery, you’re going to need the professional expertise from an international moving company with experience.
Moving internationally is a major change in someone’s life. The stress can add up, especially if it is your first move. This is why it is of the utmost importance to choose a company that has a solid reputation and necessary qualifications to take the edge off during your move. Our expert movers will handle your move with quality and care so you can focus on living your life to the fullest during an international move.
Two Man Movers & Storage, located in Utah, is partners with nationwide leaders Stevens International Forwarding that has been in the moving and storage business for over 100 years. Working as a team, both Steven’s and Two Man’s experienced 1,000 professional agents will provide you with the exceptional service and remarkable resources that you need to make the moving process go as smoothly as possible.
International Packing & Shipping
During transport, our professionals will make sure that all your items are safely loaded, secured and unloaded on arrival with the highest form of care. Our trained experts have been taught the best procedural methods for packing and unpacking your belongings, ensuring nothing is damaged during shipment.
Not only do we provide moving and storage solutions, but we also offer the service of packing and shipping. With our extensive knowledge of the international moving industry, we will provide you with the most cost-efficient shipment solution through over 1,000 international shipping contracts. We have a variety of different moving services to best suit your International move, including custom crating, full-service packing, storage, vehicle shipping, online shipment tracking and an number of third party services.
International Moving Tips
Make your international move a breeze with our expert international moving tips.
- Arrange VisasOrganizing your visas and any other relevant documents is going to be the most important part to remember when you are moving internationally. Without your visa you cannot reside in the country you wish to stay in. If you are seeking more information about acquiring a visa, be sure to contact the consulate office of the country that you are moving to.
- Prepare FinancesOne of the best practices you can have when moving internationally is to open a new international bank account in the new country you wish to reside in. This will help you avoid any potential problems in case you can’t access your money from your debit or credit cards becoming frozen. Be sure to notify your current bank about your move to further avoid any potential money problems during your relocation.
- Declutter Your HomeSorting through your possessions is a great way to get ready for an international move. Not only will decluttering help you save on shipping costs, by reducing the number of items you will need to transport, you will also become more organized during the moving process. You might even be able to make some extra cash selling some of your unwanted items before you go. If you’re having trouble letting anything go, you can always find a storage option that can keep your items safe for the time being.
- Research Information About The Country You Are Moving ToIt’s always a good idea to do as much research as possible on the country you are planning to move to, especially if you are unfamiliar with it. There are many online guides and books available. Check the area surrounding your destination address for the locations of useful facilities such as hospitals, embassies, banks, etc.It is also a good idea to find out about local customs such as public holidays and festival days. Most useful though would be to try to learn the language of the country you are moving to if you are not a native speaker. There are many night classes or online courses that can assist you.
- Gather All Important DocumentsGather all of your personal documents at least a week ahead of time before your move. This includes birth certificates, marriage licenses, passports, health records, etc. Keep your personal documents with you at all times to prevent them from getting lost or stolen. Creating a digital copy of each of your documents and putting them on a portable hard drive is also wise decision. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Get a Free International Moving Estimate Today!
No matter where in the world your destination may be, you will always have a dedicated moving coordinator with Two Man Movers to whom you can address all your questions. From initial moving estimates to shipping your household goods overseas, our moving representatives will be with you every step of the way to help coordinate your move, ensuring that everything goes according to plan.
Working together with Stevens International, Two Man Movers is able to go above and beyond other moving and storage companies, ensuring you a successful international relocation. For more international moving resources, contact Two Man Movers & Storage today at (801) 924-1564 to speak with a friendly relocation consultant or fill out our online form and receive a free moving estimate. For expert advice in moving overseas, Two Man Movers can help you!