While a long-distance move is exciting and adventurous, there are many factors involved in what you take with you and how you get it there. Like your car, for example. If you are moving cross-country, you’re faced with three options for your car: drive it, ship it or sell it.
Your car is your baby, and we want to help you get it to its new destination as safely and efficiently as possible, so you don’t have to say goodbye sooner than expected.
Two Man Movers partners with Montway Auto Transport to safely and effectively ship your car so you can save time, energy and wear and tear on your vehicle. For more than 20 years, Two Man Movers has provided trusted local and long-distance moving services.
We offer full-service and specialty moving: meaning we will help you transport, store and can even unpack your belongings — including your car.
Benefits of Car Shipping
If you are preparing for your long-distance move, you’re probably asking yourself, “Should I drive or ship my car?” As we weight the pros and cons of each option — shipping, driving, selling — consider the following factors when choosing whether to ship your car:
- Geography: Will you have to drive through mountains, areas with high potential for bad weather or areas with no sign of civilization or GPS service?
- Budget: Depending on how many days/miles you will be driving, consider the costs of gas, lodging, food and missed days at work.
- Car condition: How is your car holding up these days? Before considering taking your car on a long journey, be sure to have it examined by an auto mechanic to check its vitals, like the battery, brakes and tires.
Choosing to drive or ship your car can feel like a challenging decision to make. Not only is the safety and condition of your car and drive at stake, but also your own time and money. Here are some benefits of using a car transporting service:
- Save time. If you are planning to move out of state, driving can take days. This means lots of gas-station stops and hotel stays, not to mention being stuck in a car for hours on end. Auto shipping is perfect for the busy individual or family who does not want to spend the time, money or energy driving for days when they could be focusing on other things, like moving into their new home.
- Save energy. Unfortunately, cars are not able to completely drive themselves yet. Instead of consuming ample amounts of coffee during a long road trip packed with your belongings, let us do that for you. This way, you can sit back and meet us at your destination via plane, train, bus or even car-pooling with others.
- Some people simply feel safer when traveling by plane or other means of public transportation. When you ship your car, you avoid late-night stops and all the bad parts of towns you may have to pass through.
How Our Auto Transport Services Work
So you’re considering shipping your vehicle. What now? Two Man Movers and Montway Auto Transport work together to make this process as simple and smooth as possible. Here are the simple steps you can expect when it comes to shipping your car:
- Get your free estimate. Fill out this form to get a free car delivery estimate instantly.
- Book your order. Once you have your estimate, you can secure your spot by making a shipping order.
- Schedule your pickup date, time and a location with your trucker. Montway drivers can even pick up your vehicle while you’re at work.
- Go about your day. Really, once your car is out of your hands, you can continue to do what you need: work, pack, hop on your flight or book your train or bus ticket. And you can even check in as often as you like using online chat with your trucker to stay updated.
- Pick up your car. Once your vehicle is almost to its new home, your trucker will give you a call. Your driver can release your car at your new home or at a nearby agreed-upon location. At pickup, you will inspect your car and sign some paperwork, officially accepting the delivery.
We also provide car shipping services for non-moving purposes. Some other reasons you may consider car transportation include:
- Purchasing a vehicle
- Temporary moves, such as snowbirds or vacation-home stays
- Moving to college
- Military reassignments
Receive A Free Auto Shipping Estimate
At Two Man Movers, we believe in offering complete full-service moving and storage options, even if this includes car transportation. Our professional movers provide top-notch customer service so you can trust our employees and auto carriers. Two Man Movers are fully licensed and insured, and our customers even give a perfect 5-star rating on Google.
From pickup and delivery to 24/7 access to your car’s location, we’re dedicated to making your car-shipping experience easy and convenient. Fill out this form today to receive a free auto transport estimate.