How to Pack Mirrors
When you’re preparing to move, packing a mirror can be nerve-racking. One wrong turn, and you’ll have glass everywhere, or worse, someone could get hurt. To give you a helping hand, we’ve assembled this video showing you everything you’ll need to safely move your mirrors.
Use the proper packing supplies
First, make sure you have the necessary supplies. You can purchase mirror moving boxes online or from any local hardware store. Many moving companies sell them, too. You’ll also want to buy bubble wrap, packing paper, and packing tape.
Mirror Packing Steps
- Next, thoroughly tape the bottom of the box to prevent anything from sliding out and stand it up on its side.
- Generously wrap your mirror in bubble wrap.
- Be sure to tape the wrap closed for added security. Cushion the bottom of the box with packing paper and place the mirror inside.
- Make sure to fill any empty space with extra paper. The less the mirror moves around, the less chance there is for damage.
- Tape the top as securely as the bottom, and mark the box as fragile. Now your mirror is ready to go.
If you still feel uneasy about the process, bring your moving company into the conversation. Who better to ask than the professionals?